This job posting has now closed. Banlaw wishes to thank everybody who took the time to apply.
The Graduate Electrical Engineer is an exciting role within our Projects Delivery Team, based in Gateshead, Newcastle.
This job would suit a recent graduate, or final year Electrical Engineering student.
Whilst you will need an electrical engineering skillset first and foremost; Banlaw projects span fuel management systems, fluid infrastructure, IIOT, heavy vehicle fluid safety solutions and mechatronics.
- Posting Date – 8th July 2019.
- Closing Date – 3rd August 2019.
- Work Type – Full Time.
- Right to Work – open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Location – Gateshead in NSW (Newcastle).
- Primary Skillset
- Project Engineering Design and Documentation for Fuel Management Projects.
- Service and support of diesel fuel handling, storage and transfer infrastructure.
- Electrical Engineering support across the business; to help secure new jobs, plan and deploy projects, and support existing customers.
- Desirable Skillset
- Experience with fuels and lubes.
- Experience with heavy industry.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with project tenders.
- Remuneration – A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Banlaw have been planning, designing, manufacturing, and deploying hydrocarbon infrastructure projects of all sizes, in 33 Countries, for 40 years. We also develop a leading Fuel Management System Software platform, and manufacture over 500 discrete hardware products in the Refuelling, Fluid Transfer, and Tank Overfill Protection categories. Banlaw is the world’s only OEM of fully integrated hydrocarbon hardware, software, and site infrastructure solutions.
- Banlaw is seeking to employ a Graduate Electrical Engineer to work in our Project Delivery Team.
- This is a full-time position, based at our Gateshead NSW facilities.
- You would be working with other Banlaw engineering colleagues in our Projects Team reporting to the Group Projects Manager, and interfacing with the Banlaw Production, Sales and Service Teams.
- Although this position is an Electrical Projects Engineering role, it will require liaising and working together with Mechanical and IT engineering disciplines. Therefore, an interest and understanding of general engineering principles is required as well as the appreciation of quality assurance (QA) processes.
- As we operate in heavy industry (mining/rail/construction/transport) an appreciation of such environments is advantageous.
- Key responsibilities with this position will include:
- Projects Engineering Design and Documentation for Fuel Management Projects.
- Assisting in the detailed design and ongoing service/support of diesel fuel handling, storage and transfer infrastructure typically used in mining, railways and other heavy industries. Such infrastructure will include:
- Pumping systems.
- Flow metering/measurement systems.
- Inline filtration systems.
- Diesel dispensing and refuelling equipment (including Banlaw’s own diesel refuelling equipment).
- Electrical Engineering support to our Service Department, assisting with the timely support of our experienced Site Technicians.
- Electrical Engineering support to our Sales Department, assisting with the proper and timely preparation of quotations and tender submissions etc.
We are looking for a proactive, articulate and intelligent individual who can embrace new challenges and work well in a team environment. The person will be organised and focused, and have excellent problem-solving capabilities. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and result focused individual capable of meeting deadlines.
That candidate must be a team player and have the ability to communicate specialised knowledge to other technical and/or non-technical members of the team. Excellent (English) written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Australian Citizen, or permanent resident.
- Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or currently enrolled final year Electrical Engineering Student.
- Experience with 2D AutoCAD software.
- Sound document writing ability.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving capabilities.
- A personable attitude and a keen willingness to work within a team, and to foster the success of the team.
- Ability to learn and understand company solutions, services and product range.
- Experience with flammable and combustible incompressible fluids, e.g. fuels and oils.
- Experience in heavy industry (mining, rail, transport), specifically within fuels handling etc.
- Appreciation of basic Project Management.
- Experience in the preparation of quotes and tender submissions.
- Current Passport.
- Driver’s license (recognised in Australia).
Want to know more?
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please submit your application by 3rd August 2019.
Job Application FormPlease use this form to apply for an advertised job opening at Banlaw.