This job posting has now closed. Thankyou to everybody who took the time to apply. Good luck!
The Software Engineer is an exciting product development role based out of Newcastle, NSW.
Posting Date – 12th June 2019.
Closing Date – 12th July 2019.
This is a hands-on software development, testing, and integration role within the Innovation Hub (R&D + Engineering) of the leading industrial liquid resource management OEM.
A very generous salary package is available to the successful Software Engineering / Computer Science specialist.
Banlaw provides industry leading, fully integrated fuel management hardware, electrical and software solutions to heavy industries. With a strong focus on product development, Banlaw has a long successful history of bringing ground-breaking products to market.
As an innovative business we encourage creativity, and your ideas will be valued. We offer a very friendly and flexible work environment and an attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team, who can embrace new challenges. In this role you will be responsible for developing new web interfaces, bug fixing, testing activities at a unit and system level, and general product development. You will at times be working with the Help Desk / Quality Assurance Manager to provide Remote Support to customers.
You will be organised and must have excellent problem-solving capabilities. You should be a highly motivated, energetic and result focused individual.
You should be also a team player and have the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
As a multicultural and global organisation, proficiency in Portuguese would be advantageous for this role, although not mandatory.
Banlaw is seeking to employ a suitably qualified Software Engineer to join our innovative Engineering team. You will be working on a growing range of products, systems and projects, including both green field projects and brown field projects. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest development tools and technologies.
You will get the opportunity to work with the biggest global players in the Mining /Railway/Transportation Sectors.
You will also be involved in the delivery and support of customer systems, which will require you to consult with our Projects and Service departments.
Our software solutions drive equipment installed in the field and integrate with a wide variety of third-party products. You’ll become familiar with this hardware and at times work to develop new ways of interfacing with field equipment.
As we operate in heavy industry (mining/rail/transport), an appreciation of such environments is advantageous.
This is a permanent position and is based in the vibrant beachside city of Newcastle, just a two-hour drive north of Sydney.
Skills – Essential:
You have demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering / Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience with the following:
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Experience in software development practices and agile methodologies
- Experience with SW development tools like Source Tree, Git Hub, etc…
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to learn and understand company solutions, services and product range
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid stakeholder management
Skills – Desirable:
The following skills would be highly regarded:
- Experience working and interfacing with field equipment
- Sound knowledge of electronic systems and electrical wiring design
- Experience and basic knowledge of the development, deployment and support of cloud hosted infrastructure
- Experience with the following:
- Experience with various communication protocols (TCP/IP, RS485, RS232)
- Experience in working with Mine sites
Want to know more?
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary.
Please submit your application by 12th July 2019.
Job Application FormPlease use this form to apply for an advertised job opening at Banlaw.