This job is now closed. Thankyou to everybody who invested their time making an application. We appreciate it.
Bi-lingual Software Engineering / System Integration / Technical Support specialist required: Banlaw have an exciting and varied role for an individual who can provide technical help desk support one day, and roll up their sleeves to commission integrated systems the next!
This role will suit an individual skilled in troubleshooting and commissioning of complex systems, and educated in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. The Support and Commissioning Engineer works out of the Banlaw North America Head Office in Salt Lake City. At Banlaw you’ll work on fuel management systems, fluid infrastructure, IIOT, heavy vehicle fluid safety solutions and mechatronics.
- Posting Date – August 30th, 2019.
- Closing Date – September 31st, 2019.
- Work Type – Full Time.
- Right to Work – US Citizens and holders of appropriate US Work Visas.
- Primary Work Location – Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Non-negotiable Requirements:
- Bilingual – Spanish / English speaker
- Valid Passport – And a willingness to travel to Australia for product training immediately on commencement of the role
- Ability to attend evening conference calls with colleagues in Australia at least two nights per week
- Willingness to travel to customer business locations through the Americas Region on projects from time to time
- Primary Skillset:
- Troubleshooting and configuration of integrated hardware/software solutions
- Help Desk and On-Site interaction with non-technical clients, to help them overcome system idiosyncrasies, and gaps in their knowledge to achieve optimum system performance
- Commissioning, Pre-Commissioning, and Factory Acceptance Testing of Fuel Management Solutions
- Desirable Skillset:
- Experience with fuels and lubes
- Experience with mine sites
- Experience with project management
- Remuneration & Benefits:
- A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate
- PTO & Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance, dental & vision
- 401K with co-contributions
- Computer and phone
- Paid travel to many countries around the Americas
Banlaw have been planning, designing, manufacturing, and deploying hydrocarbon infrastructure projects of all sizes, in 33 Countries, for 40 years. We also develop a leading Fuel Management System Software platform, and manufacture over 500 discrete hardware products in the Refuelling, Fluid Transfer, and Tank Overfill Protection categories. Banlaw is the world’s only OEM of fully integrated hydrocarbon hardware, software, and site infrastructure solutions.
Banlaw is seeking to employ a suitably qualified Support and Commissioning Engineer to strengthen the Banlaw America team and provide advanced technical support for our customer base in North and South America. The candidate must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
This is a full-time position, based at our Salt Lake City facility. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States and to travel internationally.
You will begin your time with Banlaw by travelling to our Manufacturing Facility and Innovation Hub in Australia for training and site experience over a 3 to 4-week period.
This role is both support (phone and email) as well as field-based with travel throughout the Americas. The candidate will have the following areas of responsibility:
- Help Desk and On-site Assistance
- Fuel management Systems Support
- Technical proficiency in both software and hardware
- Environment and Safety
- Knowledge Base
- Site Acceptance Testing
- Plan and coordinate site tests
- Operational Excellence
With a dual role as the Support / Help Desk Coordinator and the Commissioning Engineer, you are primarily responsible for customer enquiries and providing support for products. You are also responsible for completing factory acceptance tests of the system before shipment and on-site commissioning of the system according to engineering design and specification in a safe and efficient manner and ensuring that projects are correctly configured for their release date. You are also responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy work environment.
We are looking for a proactive, articulate and intelligent individual who can embrace new challenges and work well in a team environment. The person will be organised and focused, with excellent problem-solving capabilities. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and result focused individual capable of meeting deadlines.
That candidate must be a team player and have the ability to communicate specialised knowledge to other technical and/or non-technical members of the team. Excellent English and Spanish written and oral communication skills are essential.
You have qualifications in the field of Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. You have problem solving skills and the capability to provide technical/help desk support as well stepping out of the office and working hands on to complete the troubleshooting and commissioning of complex onsite projects.
You are familiar with Cloud-based software, Windows Servers, SQL databases, network architecture and devices.
You enjoy building solutions to mechanical, electrical and instrumentational problems and constantly improving efficiency of such integrated systems.
You are bi-lingual in English and Spanish and comfortable traveling throughout the Americas.
Exposure to working on mine-sites, fluid or fuel management systems, machine servicing, fuel farm deployment or condition monitoring are all subjects where your expertise could add value.
You are as ‘good as you word’: Core Banlaw values include trust and respect. The successful candidate will be honest/genuine and deliver on promises made. Superior personal time management skills will help you prioritise tasks and satisfy customers.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Driver’s license
- Eligible for work in US and for international travel
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics/Software Engineering
- Network Communications Protocols: TCP/IP, Serial, Modbus, Hart, Can Bus
- Software: Visual Studio, SQL Server, Power Bi, SourceTree, Microsoft Office, Linux OS
- Electrical: schematic reading, troubleshooting, and commissioning
- Solid Technical Support skills
- Experience with flammable and combustible incompressible fluids, e.g. fuels and oils.
- Experience in heavy industry (mining, rail, transport), specifically within fuels handling etc.
- Appreciation of basic Project Management.
- Comfortable with the MS Office software suite
Want to know more?
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please submit your application by September 31st, 2019.
Job Application FormPlease use this form to apply for an advertised job opening at Banlaw.