The Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager is an exciting field-sales role based in the Bowen Basin, QLD.
The successful candidate will travel extensively; supporting our world-leading mining customers to be cleaner, faster, safer in their management of hydrocarbons and other liquid resources.
- Posting Date – 3rd April 2019
- Closing Date – 3rd May 2019
- Work Type – Field Sales (60% travel)
- Primary Skillset – Generating leads, identifying solutions to customer problems, managing relationships with clients and distribution partners, and proactively managing the sales process.
- Desirable Skillset – Leveraging your familiarity with fuel infrastructure, industrial fluid management systems, or heavy equipment maintenance to deliver high-level or technical presentations explaining Banlaw products/services/solutions to customers and prospective customers.
- Location – Mackay (or another Bowen Basin location) is preferred. Candidates living in Brisbane will also be considered. Regular travel to the Banlaw Head Office in NSW as well as client sites throughout our Northern Australia and Pacific (NAP) sales region will be expected.
Banlaw have been planning, designing, manufacturing, and deploying hydrocarbon infrastructure projects of all sizes, in 33 Countries, for 40 years. We also develop a leading Fuel Management System Software platform, and manufacture over 500 discrete hardware products in the Refuelling, Fluid Transfer, and Tank Overfill Protection categories. Banlaw is the world’s only OEM of fully integrated hydrocarbon hardware, software, and site infrastructure solutions.
As a Banlaw Business Development Manager / Sales Engineer you are expected to always act in a manner that is professional, courteous, well spoken, well presented, polite and safe. You represent both the image and attitude that Banlaw presents to the world. You must be a direct reflection of Banlaw’s values, principles and integrity.
- Perform safely, all activities and tasks
- Set challenging yet achievable business goals
- Achieve the Sales Budget goals for your designated region
- Contribute to each financial year’s budget reviews and “Present and Defend” meetings
- Keep good and efficient time management
- Perform all activities and tasks assigned by management
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Conduct yourself in a respectful and polite manner to all Customers, Distributors and Team members
- Dress in neat and appropriate attire that is suitable for the various environments you will be expected to work in (boardroom one day, hi-vis the next)
- Develop an exceptional understanding, and become the expert in Banlaw Products, Projects and Service offerings
- Read and understand all product specification guides (PSG’s) and marketing materials
- Be confident in conducting presentations on product offerings in front of customers, distributors and other Banlaw team members
- Attend meetings with customers, distributors and sales team
- Attend 1 on 1 meetings each month with the Sales Manager
- Attend Quarterly sales and budget reviews with the Sales Manager
- Attend sales training on product offerings as set by the Products Manager
- Attend coaching sessions as set by the Sales Manager
- Prepare performance meeting reports and attend performance meetings when required
- Learn, use and continuously update our Customer-Relationship Management Software
- Travel to visit customers and distributors sites within your designated region or as directed
- Positive/Can do
- Team Player
- Product Knowledge
- Relationship Building
- Industry Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Learning Skills
- Familiarity with common Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Want to know more?
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary + sales bonus.
Please submit your application by 3rd May 2019.