This job posting has now been closed. We thank all those who took the time to apply.
The Sales Engineer – Mining is an exciting field-sales role based out of Johannesburg, South Africa.
The successful candidate will travel extensively; using their well-developed sales skills, and experience within the Mining Industry. You will support our world-leading mining customers to be cleaner, faster, safer in their management of hydrocarbons, and other liquid resources.
- Posting Date – 5th June 2019.
- Closing Date – 5th July 2019.
- This sales role is suited to a hunter, not a farmer. We seek a highly proactive sales professional, with a proven track record prospecting for new business opportunities.
- You must be comfortable presenting integrated technologies to a variety of customer job roles. A Banlaw Infrastructure Project usually touches on tank farms, refuelling process efficiency, fluid security, fuel management software, maintenance processes, safety systems and more.
- Work Type – Field Sales (60% travel).
- Primary Skillset – Generating leads and sales from Mining companies, identifying solutions to customer problems, managing relationships with clients and distribution partners, and proactively managing the sales process.
- Desirable Skillset – Leveraging your familiarity with fuel infrastructure, industrial fluid management systems, or heavy equipment maintenance to deliver high-level or technical presentations explaining Banlaw products/services/solutions to customers and prospective customers.
- Language – Within Banlaw business is conducted in English, however fluency in another language such as Portuguese, French, Swahili, Afrikaans, etc would be advantageous for a salesperson applying for this role.
- Location – Johannesburg is preferred. Regular travel to client sites in countries throughout the African continent will be expected. Occasional travel to the Banlaw Head Office in Australia will also be required for training and other purposes.
- Remuneration – A competitive salary and performance bonus is available to the right candidate.
Banlaw have been planning, designing, manufacturing, and deploying hydrocarbon infrastructure projects of all sizes, in 33 Countries, for 40 years. We also develop a leading Fuel Management System Software platform, and manufacture over 500 discrete hardware products in the Refuelling, Fluid Transfer, and Tank Overfill Protection categories. Banlaw is the world’s only OEM of fully integrated hydrocarbon hardware, software, and site infrastructure solutions.
As a Banlaw Business Development Manager you are expected to always act in a manner that is professional, courteous, well spoken, well presented, polite and safe. You represent both the image and attitude that Banlaw presents to the world. You must be a direct reflection of Banlaw’s values, principles and integrity.
Prospecting for new opportunities is central to this role, and it needs to be a part of the sales process that you enjoy. The successful candidate will be a person who is motivated to get out there, engage proactively, and meet with new potential clients. As the person accountable for lead generation, consistency counts, and you will be prepared to prospect daily.
- Hit and exceed sales targets
- Perform safely, all activities and tasks
- Set challenging yet achievable business goals
- Achieve the Sales Budget goals for your designated region
- Contribute to each financial year’s budget reviews
- Keep good and efficient time management
- Perform all activities and tasks assigned by management
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Conduct yourself in a respectful and polite manner to all Customers, Distributors and Team members
- Dress in neat and appropriate attire that is suitable for the various environments you will be expected to work in (boardroom one day, hi-vis the next)
- Develop an exceptional understanding, and become the expert in Banlaw Products, Projects and Service offerings
- Read and understand all product specifications and marketing materials
- Be confident in conducting presentations on product offerings in front of customers, distributors and other Banlaw team members
- Attend meetings with customers, distributors and other Banlaw subject matter experts
- Attend 1 on 1 meetings each month with the Sales Manager
- Attend Quarterly sales and budget reviews with the Sales Manager
- Attend sales training on product offerings as set by the Products Manager
- Attend coaching sessions as set by the Sales Manager
- Prepare performance meeting reports and attend performance meetings when required, presenting and defending your tactics and progress within your sales region
- Learn, use and continuously update our Customer Relationship Management Software
- Travel to visit customers and distributors sites within your designated region, or as directed
- Team Player
- Positive/Can do
- Industry Knowledge
- Relationship Building
- Product Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Learning Skills
- Familiarity with common Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Want to know more?
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary + sales performance bonus.
Please submit your application by 5th July 2019.